Finding the game development resources needed to create a game can be difficult, especially for new game developers.
These resources include assets, sound effects, music, graphics, and coding tools.
Fortunately, there are many websites that provide both free and paid resources that can help in the creation of games.
However, it is crucial to check the license for every item before adding it to the game to make sure it is legal to use.
This blog post will highlight some of the best websites for downloadable game development resources.
These resources can assist both inexperienced and experienced game developers in creating exceptional games.
Let’s explore these game development resources!
2D and 3D Assets
- 3D Models CC0 (Free)
- Game Art 2D (Free and Paid)
- Game Art Guppy (Free)
- Game Dev Market (Free and Paid)
- Glitch Library (Free CC0)
- Itch.io: Game Assets (Free and Paid)
- Kenney Game Assets (Free and Paid)
- Open Game Art (Free)
- Oryx Design Lab (Paid)
- Poly Haven: Hyperreal 3D Models (Free CC0)
- Poly Pizza: 8700+ Low Poly 3D Models (Free)
- Reiner’s Tilesets: 2D and 3D graphics (Free)
- Sketchfab (Free and Paid)
- Time Fantasy (Free and Paid)
- Unity Asset Store (Free and Paid)
- Unreal Engine Marketplace (Free and Paid)
Game Icon Assets
- DeviantArt: Set of 420 RPG icons (Free)
- Game-icons: Already 4131+ icons for your games (Free CC3)
- Iconmonstr: 4784+ simple icons (Free)
Sound Effects and Music
User Interface Assets
- Graphic Burger: Mobile Game GUI (Free)
- Xelu’s Controllers Keyboard Prompts (Free CC0)
- Zacksly Controller Prompts (Free)
- Godot: 2D and 3D games (Free)
- O3DE: Open source, real-time 3D engine
- RPG Maker
- Unreal Engine