It might be challenging to mirror or flip an object in Unreal Engine at first, but you can become a pro with these 3 simple and quick tricks!
Option 1: Transform Menu
- Right Click in the Viewport → Transform → Mirror X, Y, Z.
- Done! To mirror more than one actor at once, you can group them together first (CTRL+G) and then mirror the group.
Option 2: Negative Transform Scale
- Select the object you want to mirror in the outliner or the viewport by clicking on it.
- In the Details panel on the right-hand side of the viewport, scroll down to the “Transform” section. If you can’t find it, go to the top bar menu, and select “Window → Details”.
- In the “Transform” section, locate the “Scale” property and change the X value to -1 to mirror the X-axis, or the Y value, to mirror the Y-axis.
- The object will now be mirrored!
Option 3: Modeling Mode – Mirror Tool
- Click on the “Modes” tab in the top left-hand corner of the viewport, and select the “Modeling Mode” tab.
- Go to the TriModel section, and click on the “Mirror” tool.
- Now just rotate the plane to mirror the object in any direction, and click “Accept“