If you’re working on a project in Unreal Engine, you might need to move a large amount of actors together at the same time. This can be tricky, especially if you want them to stay in the right place with the right rotation.
But don’t worry! There are some ways to make it easier to move a lot of stuff all together.
In this post, I’ll teach you a trick to help you move a big group of meshes, blueprints, or any actor in Unreal Engine without any trouble.
Unreal Engine: Attach objets to a parent object
- Create or choose a parent object. In this case, I’m going to create a simple cube.
- Look for the cube in the toolbar, choose “Shapes“, and then select “Cube“.
- Select all the actors you want to move together in the Outliner or the Viewport.
- Right click → Attach To → Search “Cube” or your parent object.
- Now when you move the cube, all the attached objects will move too.
- If the object group is too big to move it using the gizmo arrows, just select the cube and change the location and rotation in the Transform options of the Details Panel.
Hope This Helps! Keep On Creating!